The doctrinal basis of Church on the Rock is the truths of Christianity as revealed in the Bible, including the following:
- The Word of God: The Bible, The Holy Scripture as set forth in the original writings of the Old and New Testaments are divinely inspired, inerrant and infallible and the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct. Mathew 5:18; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17; 2 Peter: 19-21.
- The Trinity: We believe in One God, creator and sustainer of all things existing eternally in three persons – Father, Son and The Holy Spirit. All three persons have the same nature and attributes, but each executes distinct operations in the work of creation, sustenance, and redemption. Deuteronomy 6.4; Genesis 1.1; Hebrews 11.3; Hebrews 1.3; John 14.16; Acts 5.3-4; 1 Corinthians 12.4-6.
- Human Beings and Sin: Man was created male and female each in the image of God. However, man by voluntary transgression fell and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death. We believe man is totally depraved in that he by himself is unable to remedy his lost condition. Genesis 1.26 27; Genesis 2.16 17; Genesis 3.6 7; Romans 3.9 23; Romans 5.12 14; Ephesians 2.1-3; 2 Peter 2.4-10; Revelation 20.11-15
- Our Lord Jesus Christ: We believe that our Lord Jesus Christ the Son of God, became man without ceasing to be God in order that he might reveal God and redeem sinful man. He perfectly revealed God and obeyed the Law. He, being sinless, died for our sins and rose bodily. He ascended to the Father’s right hand where He now lives to make intercession for His Church. John 1.1 3, 14; Philippians 2.6 11; 1 John 1.1 3; 1 John 4.1 3; Romans 8.34; Colossians 2.9; Hebrews 1.1-14; Matthew 1.18-25; 1 Corinthians 15.1, 11; 2 Corinthians 5.21; Hebrews 4.14-16; Hebrews 7.26-27
- The Holy Spirit: We believe the Holy Spirit came forth from the Father and the Son to convict the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgement and to regenerate, sanctify, comfort, give spiritual gifts and fruits to make us witnesses for Jesus Christ. We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of peaking in tongues as one of the manifestations. Acts 8, 10, 2 and 19 1 Cor. 12:10 Acts 5.3 4; John 16.7 11; 1 Corinthians 2.14; Ezekiel 36.26 27; John 3.1 8; Romans 8.15-16; 1 Corinthians 12.13; Ephesians 5.18; Galatians 5.22 23; Acts 1.8
- Salvation: We believe that salvation is the Gift of God by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ whose atoning blood was shed on the cross for the forgiveness of sins. Ephesians 1.3-8; Acts 26.20; Ephesians 2.4-10; Romans 5.1; 12; John 10.27-29; Romans 6.1; John 14.1-6, Romans 10:9-10
- The Church: The Church is a universal and eternal body made up of all true believers. The Church gathers locally in different localities and at different times under the sovereign head of the Lord Jesus Christ for the teaching, fellowship, worship and propagation of the gospel. Acts 2.42-47; Romans 12.4-5; 1 Corinthians 12.12-27; Ephesians 4.3-13; Hebrews 10.24-25
- Our Future: We believe in the personal, visible and bodily return of the Lord Jesus Christ with great glory to take His Church to Himself and to establish His Kingdom of righteousness and peace. We believe in the resurrection of the just and of the unjust, in the eternal blessedness of the redeemed and the eternal punishment of the unsaved. Mark 13.32; John 14.1-4; Acts 1.11; Revelation 1.7; 1 Corinthians 15; 1; Thessalonians 4.13-18; Titus 2.11-14; John 5.28-29; Matt 25.46; John 3.36; Revelation 20
- Marriage: We believe in marriage as the union between one man and one woman as ordained in the scriptures. Gen 2:24, Rom 1:26-27, Lev 18:22